King David was a mighty man. While the soldiers of Israel ran in fear, David stepped into the Valley of Elah and faced Goliath. With nothing more than a slingshot, David declared, “The battle belongs to the Lord”. Not only was David a mighty man, but he was also and influencer of mighty men. 2 Samuel 23 chronicles the mighty men who were inspired by David. This chapter goes into detail concerning the prowess and exploits of men who followed the example of David.
There is a spiritual principle here. Mighty men are contagious! When a man trusts God and exhibits godly masculine energy, his life infects other men. Paul put it this way in the New Testament, “You, therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, commit to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. (2 Timothy 2:1-2) God is looking for mighty men. Will you step up to the challenge?
Mighty Man Pledge
1. I have personally received Christ as my Savior and Lord and know that my salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone in Christ alone (John 1:12, Rom. 10:9, Eph. 2:8-9)
2. I have fully surrendered my life to Christ to live as His disciple (Mt. 16:24-25)
3. I am seeking to live a Spirit-filled life; abiding in God’s Word every day, seeking Him in prayer, worshipping Him and being in community with Christ’s people (Acts 2:42-47, John 15:7-8, Heb. 10:23-25)
4. I am shepherding my family with truth and grace and am committed, along with Joshua, to say, “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!” (Eph. 5:22-6:4, Josh. 24:15)
5. I am using my spiritual gifts and talents to regularly serve God’s people and build up Christ’s church (Eph. 4:11-16, 1 Pe. 4:10-11)
6. I am committed to living a life that is making a clear statement, “Follow me, as I follow Christ” (1 Cor. 11:1)
7. I am mentoring other men and am seeking to have a personal discipleship ministry of spiritual multiplication in the lives of men (2 Timothy 2:2)
If you are all in, then copy this pledge, sign it and live it out to the glory of God and the fulfillment of His Kingdom plan.