“Livin’ Large is experiencing the new life we have in Christ. It is living the Christian life in the power of the Holy Spirit and it is practicing (Ephesians 4-6) our position (Ephesians 1-3).”
1 John 4:7-8
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
Livin’ Large is living in love. According to 1 John 4:7-8 that means at least five things:
1. We ought to love one another. This is a basic command of the Christian life. Christians are distinguished by their love for God and others.
2. We ought to love one another for love is from God. God is the source of love. God’s love is in us and He is the source of producing love through us.
3. Everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. God’s love is unique. His love is agape love and His agape love is in everyone who is born of Him. To know God is to know experience and express His love.
4. The one who does not love does not know God. To love with God’s love is to know God and conversely, to not love with God’s love is to not know God. Knowing God and loving go hand in hand, just as not loving and not knowing God go hand in hand.
5. God is love. Since God is love and to know God means that we are born of God, then to know God is to know His love, experience His love and demonstrate His love. Believers ought to love one another.
Re-read 1 John 4:7-8 and reflect upon each of the phrases in these verses. Ask God to give you insight into His love for you. Ask God to open your eyes to how you can demonstrate His love today. Commit yourself to God’s love and proactively seek to show God’s love to others today. Living in love is Livin’ Large!