We have the Spirit of Jesus living in us
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you…25 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
• The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity
• The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus
• The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth
• The Holy Spirit is the Helper
• The Holy Spirit is with us and in us
8 2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. …4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. 7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot. 8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. 10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
12 So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
• The law of the Spirit of life sets us free from the law of sin and death
• The Spirit produces in us the righteous requirements of the law
Jesus fulfilled the law and His work is applied to us
• The Spirit gives us His mind which produces life and peace
• The Spirit of God lives in us and we belong to Christ
• The indwelling Spirit is the Spirit of resurrection and He gives life to our bodies
• The Spirit empowers us to put to death the sinful deeds in our bodies
• The indwelling Spirit makes us sons of God
• The Spirit adopts us into God’s family as sons and we cry Abba-Father
• The Spirit bears witness with our spirits that we are children of God
2 Corinthians 3:4-18
4 Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, 6 who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life….8 will not the ministry of the Spirit have even more glory? …17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
• The Spirit makes us ministers of the New Covenant
• The Spirit gives us life and produces life through our service
• The Spirit produces freedom
• The Spirit transforms us from glory to glory into the image of God
1 Corinthians 12:4-13
4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 5 and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; 6 and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. 7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8 For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.
• The Spirit baptizes us into the body of Christ
• The Spirit gives us spiritual gifts
• The Spirit empowers our gifts and calls us to service
You are indwelt by the Spirit of Jesus; He is a constant help and guide to draw you into deeper intimacy with Christ; transform you to be more like Christ; empower you to experience victory in Christ and produce through you the life of Christ in service and ministry to others
The truest thing about you is what God says is true!